These Chicken Quesadillas or Quesadillas de Pollo are absolutely delicious and they make a satisfying lunch or weeknight dinner.
They are creamy and full of flavor and are a fantastic way to use your leftover chicken.
- Cooking Spray or olive oil
- 3/4 cup cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon chili powder or to your taste
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterrey Jack Cheese
- 10 flour tortillas
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese, chili, cumin, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, pepper, cilantro, green onions, chicken and shredded cheese. Mix thoroughly until well combined.
- On a work surface, spread 2 of the tortillas. Spoon some of the mixture over the bottom of each tortilla.
- Top with another tortilla.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray over medium heat. Carefully place 1 quesadilla in pan and cook 2 minutes.
- Using a spatula, gently flip the quesadilla and cook an additional 2 minutes until lightly browned and the cheese is melted. Repeat with second quesadilla.
- Serve warm with your favorite salsa.
Like this recipe? Please say thanks by sharing it...