This post is also available in Spanish
The sauce is what really makes this Sudado de Pollo dish and when you mix it whit white rice it is delicious. I love it because it is truly traditional Colombian cuisine that Colombians eat every day and reminds me of my childhood every time I smell it.
Enjoy my Sudado de Pollo recipe.
- 8 Chicken drumsticks or thighs, without the skin
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ¼ cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 2 cup chopped tomato
- 1 chicken bouillon
- 1 tablespoon sazon goya with azafran
- ¼ teaspoon cumin powder
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 8 small yellow potatoes, peeled and cut in half
- 3 cups water
- In a large pot, heat the vegetable oil over medium heat. Add the onion and red pepper and sauté until onions are translucent, about 3 minutes. Then add the tomatoes, garlic, salt and ground pepper and sauté for 5 more minutes.
- Add the chicken, water, chicken bouillon, sazon Goya and cumin powder. Cover and cook for 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the potatoes and cilantro and cook for an additional 30 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
- Serve over white rice.
Like this recipe? Please say thanks by sharing it...