This post is also available in Spanish
In the Andean zone of Colombia, corn is very popular and we use it in a lot of our recipes. This is a very easy to make ,rich and creamy Corn Soup recipe.
This Crema de Mazorca was one of my favorite soups as a kid. My mom used to serve it for lunch with white rice, avocado and grilled beef on the side.
- 4 large ears corn, kernels scraped from the cob
- 5 cups water
- 2 chicken or vegetable bouillon cubes
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon Pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- ½ cup white potatoes, diced
- ¼ cup chopped scallions
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Place the corn, water, chicken or vegetable bouillon, garlic, salt, pepper, cilantro, potatoes and scallions in a large pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium low and simmer for approximately 4 minutes or until the corn is tender.
- Remove from the heat. Purée the soup in a blender and return to the pot, add the cream and heat over medium heat for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Pour into bowls, garnish with cilantro and potato sticks.
Like this recipe? Please say thanks by sharing it...