This post is also available in Spanish
This delicious, Bananos Calados dessert will make the perfect finale to any Colombian meal. It is best served warm over vanilla ice cream.
- 4 small bananas, firm with no spots and peeled
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange zest
- ½ cup fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Vanilla ice cream for serving
- Cut the bananas in half crosswise.
- In a large nonstick pan over medium heat. Add the butter and cook for 1 minute. Add the bananas, brown sugar, water and cinnamon stick. Cook the bananas, turning constantly during 5 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to medium low. Add the orange juice and orange peel and cook 5 more minutes, discard cinnamon stick and serve with vanilla ice cream.