Mexican food is one of my favorite cuisines and it’s full of tradition and flavor. I want to celebrate Cinco de Mayo, a Mexican holiday, with this Tilapia Taco recipe.
1 Pound tilapia fish
½ teaspoon ground cumin
¼ teaspoon chili powder (optional)
Juice of 2 limes, divided
Salt and Pepper
8 corn tortillas
2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
2 tablespoons chopped onion
1 small avocado, diced
1 cup shredded lettuce
1 tablespoon olive oil
1. Place the fish on a plate and sprinkle with the cumin, salt, pepper and chili powder, if you want a kick. Drizzle with olive oil and the juice of 1 lime.
2. Preheat a skillet over medium- high heat. Add the fish and cook until golden on the outside. Remove from the skillet and transfer to a plate.
3. Combine the avocado, juice of 1 lime, onion, cilantro, salt and pepper and set aside.
4. Heat the tortillas in an ungreased nonstick pan and wrap the tortillas in a clean towel to keep them warm.
5. To assemble the tacos, place an equal amount of the tilapia in each tortilla, along with a big spoonful of the avocado mixture and top with shredded lettuce. Serve with favorite salsa on the side.