Escabeche de Pescado(Marinaded Fish or Pickled Fish)
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 2 pounds sword fish cut into pieces
- Salt and pepper
- Juice of 4 limes
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 2 medium red bell peppers thinly sliced
- 2 medium red onion thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons of capers
- 1 teaspoon of yellow mustard
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup olive oil
- 11/2 cups white vinegar
- Place the fish in a plastic bowl and add the lime juice, salt and pepper. Place in the refrigerator for one hour.
- Dry the fish using paper towels and cover with all purpose flour. In a medium pan heat the vegetable oil over medium heat. Add the fish and fry for about 3 minutes on each side or until golden.
- To make the marinade: Place all the ingredients in a bowl and mix well until combined.
- Take the fish from the oil and place in a glass dish. Cover the fish with the marinade. Place in the refrigerator for 24 hours.
Escabeche de Pescado o Pescado Marinado is a typical dish from the Atlantic coast of Colombia. It is fish that is first marinaded in a vinegar and vegetable mixture for 24 hours in the refrigerator and served cold.
A dish like this one is perfect for spring and summer. It is easy to make and full of flavor. For this dish I used sword fish, but in Colombia it is usually made with " Pez Sierra" or "Saw Fish".
I've always wanted to try making this. Yours looks delicious and so colorful! Very inspiring.
This reminds me of one of the posts I did. I think escabeche de pescado is the perfect dish for a hot, steamy day. Very nice Erica...
looks delicious, does it keep well for a few days?
This sounds excellent. I've had a Brazilian version of Escabeche with sardines instead of swordfish. I think that you're only partially right about when to eat this as I'd enjoy it throughout the year 😉
J3nn (Jenn's Menu and Lifestyle Blog)
That marinade sounds wonderful! I really need to use marinades more often, they're so delicious. 🙂
Christine @ Fresh Local and Best
This looks so delicious! I like the tangy bright flavors in the marinade, which must be so good with the sword fish.
oh i'm sure this is so fresh and delicious!
Escabeche de Pescado o Pescado Marinado is a typical dish from the Atlantic coast of Colombia. PARTLY RIGHT
Escabeche de Pescado o Pescado Marinado is a typical dish from MANY OTHER COUNTRIES IN THE CARIBBEAN AND SOUTH AMERICA.