Cilantro is one of those flavors people either love or hate. I happen to love it and I can’t cook without it. I hope you like cilantro, so you can enjoy today’s delicious recipe.
My readers have been requesting more recipes for side dishes, so today I am sharing a simple rice recipe that has huge flavor and a beautiful color. This Arroz con Cilantro is very convenient for those last-minute meals and goes well with fish, poultry, beef, pork or even beans. I really loved the flavors of this rice!
- 1 cup long grain rice
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped white onions
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Place 1/2 cup of the chicken broth with the cilantro and cumin in the blender. Blend until well combined and set aside. Heat the butter over medium temperature in a medium pot.
- Add the onions and garlic, and cook until the onions are soft for about 2 minutes.
- Add the rice and stir it well, add the cilantro mixture and the rest of the broth and bring it to a boil.
- Let the liquid reduce until it barely covers the rice, cover with a lid, reduce the temperature to low, and cook for about 20-25 min.
Like this recipe? Please say thanks by sharing it...