2 pounds flank steak
9 cups water
1 teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon fresh ground pepper
½ cups hogao
1 teaspoon tomato paste
1. In a pot, place the flank steak, water, salt and pepper. Cook over medium heat for about 1 hour and 15 minutes or until the meat is cooked.
2. Measure 1 cup of the liquid used to cook the meat. Set aside.
3. Remove the beef from the pot, let it cool and shred with a fork or your hands.
4. In a saucepan, place the shredded beef, hogao, tomato paste and 1 cup of beef liquid. Cook for 6 to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. Serve hot over white rice or arepa.