This post is also available in Spanish
This is one of those recipes that many Colombians and I grew up eating at least once a week. Bistec a la Criolla is one of my favorites because I love creole sauces over white rice.
This Bistec a la Criolla Colombiano is a simple and quick recipe to make and full of flavor. Serve it with white rice and avocado on the side.
- 2 pounds skirt steak, trimmed and cut into 4 equal portions
- 1 ½ tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tablespoon mustard
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- Salt and black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/12 cups hogao
- Place the steaks between sheets of wax paper, then pound until each steak is about ¼ inch thick.
- Place the pounded steaks in a zip lock plastic bag. Add the mustard, cumin, garlic, cilantro, salt and pepper.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour or overnight. Be sure the steaks are evenly covered.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Place the steaks into the skillet and cook for 3 minutes per side.Add the hogao, cover and cook for 7 minutes more.
Like this recipe? Please say thanks by sharing it...