This version of Salpicón de Frutas, adapted from the traditional one made with “Colombiana” a Colombian sparkling soda, uses fresh watermelon juice.
This simple and delicious Salpicón de Frutas Colombiano fruit cocktail is the perfect dessert in a summer day.
- 6 cups assorted fresh fruit, such as pineapple, papaya, watermelon, mango, apple, banana, and seedless red grapes, cut into bite size pieces.
- 4 cups watermelon or strawberry fresh juice.
- Vanilla ice cream (optional)
- Place cut fruit in a large bowl, pour juice over fruit and stir.
- To serve, spoon fruit cocktail into tall glasses and top with vanilla ice cream.