Salsa de Ajo is a popular and simple Colombian sauce made with a mixture of mayonnaise, fresh garlic, lime juice and cilantro.
In Colombia this garlic sauce is used as a dip for patacones (fried green plantains), plantains chips, French fries and yuca fries, and as a topping for mazorca dresgranada (a corn and cheese dish), hamburgers, hot dogs and sandwiches.
This Salsa de Ajo is very easy to make and very addictive. This time I made this garlic sauce using store bought mayonnaise, but you can use homemade mayonnaise as well, if you prefer.
- 1 cup of mayonnaise
- 5 garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup of fresh cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt or to your taste
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Blend all the ingredients until well blended.
- Taste and add more salt if necessary.
Like this recipe? Please say thanks by sharing it...