This post is also available in Spanish
Chimichurri is a traditional Argentinean herb sauce, but there are other South American variations. In Colombia we add cilantro to the chimichurri. You can keep this sauce refrigerated for up to a week.
- 1 ½ pounds flank steak, trimmed
- Juice of ½ lime
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1 ½ cups fresh parsley
- ½ cup fresh cilantro
- ¼ cup chopped green onions
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Combine 2 tablespoons olive, ½ teaspoon salt, ¼ teaspoon pepper, ½ tablespoon ground cumin and ½ teaspoon mustard in a small bowl, mix well. Rub the steak with the marinade and place in a large bag. Seal and refrigerate for a least 3 hours or overnight.
- To prepare chimichurri: Place all the chimichurri ingredients in a food processor and process until smooth. Transfer to a container.
- To prepare steak: Remove steak from marinade bag and remove as much of the marinade as possible. Discard remaining marinade. Place the steak on the preheated grill and cook 5 minutes on each side for medium doneness or cook until desired degree of doneness.
- Remove from grill and allow the steak to rest for 10 minutes. Slice the steak against the grain and top with chimichurri sauce.
Like this recipe? Please say thanks by sharing it...