This rice with carrots is an easy, colorful and flavorful rice dish. The perfect side dish to any meal!
Rice is a Colombian and Latin cuisine side dish staple, and it is hard to imagine a meal without a rice dish. Some Colombian people eat rice with beans for breakfast. One of my favorite ways to make rice is to cook it with vegetables. This Rice with Carrots (Arroz con Zanahoria) is very easy to make and popular in Colombian homes.
What do you need this make this rice
This rice recipe is made with long grain white rice, grated carrots, vegetable oil, and vegetable broth for extra flavor. You can substitute the vegetable broth for chicken broth if you prefer.
Store this rice with carrots in a sealed container in your fridge for up to 4 days. To reheat the rice, I like to sprinkle a little water over top to keep it moist and heat in the microwave or place it in a saucepan on the stove.
Rice with Carrots Recipe
- 2 cups long grain white rice
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup grated carrots
- Rinse the rice thoroughly by placing it into a strainer and running cool water over it.
- Place the rice in a medium saucepan; then add the vegetable stock, oil, carrots and salt.
- Bring to a boil over high heat. Stir once and cover, reduce to low heat and cook for 20 minutes.
- Remove the pot from the stove and let it sit for 10 minutes. Fluff the rice using a fork and serve immediately.
More easy rice dishes to try