This Avocado Sttuffed with Shrimp dish is very easy to prepare and is ideal to serve as a delicious snack at any time of the day.
Aguacates Rellenos de Camarones are a popular appetizer in Colombia and other parts of South America.
- 3 ripe avocados
- 24 shrimp, peeled and deveined
- ¼ cup finely chopped onion
- Juice of 2 limes
- 3/4 cup salsa rosada
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, plus more for garnish
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper
- Lettuce for Serving
- Bring water to a boil in a small pot. Add the shrimp, cover and turn the heat off. Leave the shrimp in the water for 5 minutes and drain.
- In a medium bowl, place the shrimp, onion, salsa rosada, cilantro, parsley, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Cut the avocados lengthwise and remove the pit, drizzle with the lime juice and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place the lettuce in a serving plate and place the avocados on top. Fill each avocado with the shrimp mixture.
- Sprinkle with fresh cilantro and serve immediately.