This post is also available in Spanish
Chocolate Santafereño is popular all around Colombia, especially in Bogotá, the countries capital. Hot chocolate is a staple in almost every Colombian home. In my family, as good “paisas”, we drink this hot chocolate at breakfast with arepa and cheese and sometimes as a “merienda”, an evening snack with Colombian pastries or bread and cheese. If you would like to make Chocolate Santafereño as we do in Colombia, you’ll need two old-fashioned Colombian kitchen gadgets, which you can get at my store.
- 4 ½ cups whole milk
- 2 ½ tablespoons sugar or to your taste
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 5 ounces sweet chocolate, chopped
- Heat the milk in a saucepan on medium heat to just below the simmering point, add the chocolate. When the chocolate is melted, add the sugar and cinnamon.
- Whisk vigorously or transfer to a blender. Reheat gently and serve immediately.
Like this recipe? Please say thanks by sharing it...