I’m often thinking about an easy dessert that I can whip up when there are no sweets in the house and a craving hits! Well, this banana bread pudding required little time to prepare, was easy to make, and tasted great!
So, if you like bananas and bread pudding, you should not be disappointed with this combination. Doesn’t it look warm, comforting and delicious?
Don’t forget to visit my review page where I am giving away $150!
- 1 loaf white bread, cubed
- 3 cups milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 5 beaten eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 bananas, mashed
- Place the bread in a large baking pan and bake in a 400°F oven about 5 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the milk, heavy cream, butter, vanilla, cinnamon, sugar and the beaten eggs and mix well.
- Add bread cubes to milk mixture. Let it stand for approximately 20 minutes or until bread absorbs most of the mixture. Add the mashed banana mix well.
- Pour the bread-pudding mixture into a baking pan. Bake uncovered in a 350° f oven for 1 hour or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely, then refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
Like this recipe? Please say thanks by sharing it...