Disclosure: This post is part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Pollinate Media Group® and Del Monte®, but all my opinions are my own. #pmedia #makemangosalsa http://my-disclosur.es/OBsstV
I love appetizers, while I especially love chips and salsa and will find any excuse to make it at home. Whether it’s entertaining guests, my husband watching a game, or both of us watching a movie together, salsa it is! I have many favorites but always love trying new salsa recipes.
If you are looking for a last minute quick and easy appetizer idea for the Super Bowl, I’ve got you covered. At times like this, I usually rely on the convenience of products like Del Monte diced mangos, available at Walmart. This Mango Salsa takes minutes to make and only requires a few ingredients. Del Monte diced mangos are amazing on their own, but combined with veggies and your favorite chunky jarred tomato salsa, they really shine. Not only is this salsa bursting with tons of flavors, but it couldn’t be easier to make and it will only take you about two minutes.
I added corn, black beans, avocado, cilantro and lime to add more flavor and textures to my salsa. It’s very easy to prepare and also easy to double or triple the amount if you’re feeding a large crowd. Everyone is sure to love this salsa recipe! It will go fast so be sure you have a supply of tortilla chips in the house in case you need to make more salsa!
For those who don’t find the big game appealing, move to another room, pop the “Book of Life” into your DVD or Blueray player and make it movie night! The “Book of Life” will be available at Walmart on 1/27. Also, Walmart is having a mango sampling event in select stores on 1/22 and 1/25.
- 1 can (15 ounce) Del Monte diced mangoes, drained
- 1 jar of your favorite chunky salsa (I used Ortega)
- 1 can (15 ounce) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounce) corn, rinsed and drained
- 1 ripe avocado, diced
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 cup (or to taste) finely chopped cilantro
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Combine the mangoes, jarred salsa, beans, corn, avocado, lime and cilantro in a bowl and toss gently. Add a touch of salt and pepper, to taste. Serve immediately or refrigerate for an hour to blend the flavors. Serve at room temperature with corn chips.
Like this recipe? Please say thanks by sharing it...